Shipping & returns
Byrdland Record ("Byrdland") Shipping & Return Policies:
All orders are processed as quickly as possible — which usually means that your order will be turned around sometime during the first 24 hours after we receive it (durring regular business hours of USPS). We have all the items listed in stock at our store — so you won't have to wait any extra days for the order to be finalized while the goods are on order from a supplier. However, this also means that we don't have a backorder system — if we can't find the item listed on the pages, or if we sold out of it in the store moments before you placed the order, we'll let you know and cancel the order.
We ship anywhere in the US, we currently do not ship abroad.
We ship Media Mail with USPS.
We charge a flat rate of $5.95 for anything under 8lb
- In-Store Pickup:
You can place an order online and pickup your items at Byrdland during our hours of operation.
1264 5th Street, N.E.
Washington DC 20002
Pickup Orders are placed like any other online order — add items to your shopping card and checkout — but instead of choosing a shipping address and shipping method, choose the option "Pickup order in store". You can authorize someone to collect your items on your behalf if you are not able to visit the store in person. You, or the person you authorize, must provide a valid picture ID at the time of pickup for us to release the merchandise you have previously purchased.
Pickup Orders are processed and paid for like any other order. Pickup Orders are held in our store and can be picked up during our hours of operation.
Condition of Merchandise:
The vinyl items we sell online are new and sealed. If an item is "new", it is guaranteed to be free from manufacturer defects - the description should explain anything additional about the item.
Byrdland will accept returns on merchandise sold only under the following conditions:
- Timeliness of return - All return matters must be handled in a timely fashion. Customers have 1 week from the receipt of the order to communicate with Byrdland regarding any complaints. It is important that all items are inspected upon receiving the order, and that any complaints are directed to Byrdland immediately. Also, once a return request has been made, the customer has 1 week to return the merchandise for a refund or replacement. Byrdland cannot be responsible for merchandise that remains in the customer's possession for an unusual amount of time.
- Defects - If a new LP purchased at Byrdland is defective due to an error by the manufacturer, we will replace that item with another copy. If there is not another copy of that item in stock, we will offer a credit for the cost of the item towards the purchase of another item.
- Misrepresentation - If Byrdland has accidentally misrepresented one of our titles in a website listing - a return for credit may be proposed, at the discretion of Byrdland. Examples of misrepresentation may include the following:
- Incorrectly listing specific material characteristics (gatefold cover, original pressing, etc) of a particular release.
- Processing Error - If an error has occurred in a customer order at the fault of Byrdland, then Byrdland will accept the item back for a refund or credit. However, if an error occurs at the fault of the customer ordering an item, Byrdland cannot be held responsible.
- Shipping Error - If an order is damaged or mishandled due to an error by our shipping company, we will replace any damaged items. However, the return must be handled in a way that allows for proper survey of the damage caused. Contact Byrdland for more information.
- Shipping Damage - Byrdland is committed to getting you your records in the best possible condition. However, please be aware that in the process of shipping goods to you, some slight wear might occasionally occur during the shipping process. While this sort of wear is not something we endorse, it is sometimes an inevitable fact of shipping items to you, and unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about it. Wear such as this might include: slightly crinkled corners on record covers, some slight seam splitting on LP jackets, and other small cosmetic matters. With instances such as these, we may be able to help you in some ways — we try as hard as we can to sell you only perfect goods, and we pack them as well as possible — but please be aware that whatever we do, some small cosmetic damage might occur as part of the shipping process.
We will gladly replace any items that experience major defects from shipping — but we cannot do so for items that only experience small cosmetic ones. If you need everything you buy to be totally perfect, we recommend that you only purchase items 'in person' at a store where you can inspect them yourself.
Returns must be authorized with Byrdland before they are sent to us. Unauthorized returns will not be accepted. All possible returns should be discussed with Byrdland before any action is taken. You can reach the returns department via email at [email protected]
Byrdland does not refund/replace merchandise for the following:
- Issues of Taste - Byrdland cannot be held responsible for individual instances of personal taste. Popular music is a wide and varied array of different styles and preferences - and particular likes and dislikes are the province of the individual, not the music industry in general. If a customer is dissatisfied with the artistic component of a specific title, they should take the matter up with the artist who produced the album.
- Customer Error - Byrdland cannot be held responsible for items that were purchased in error by a customer. We will make every effort to help a customer make the right choice when they are looking for a specific title - but once the item has been purchased, we cannot be held responsible if the customer has made a mistake in their choice.
There will be minor exceptions to these policies if a "new" item purchased from Byrdland is still in the original shrinkwrap, and if it shows no additional signs of wear incurred in the item's tenure with a customer. If an item has been opened or played by a customer, however, we cannot accept the item back for return - as it will no longer be available for resale at the regular price. We have a low markup on our "new" items, and we have no room to drop them to account for handling by the customers.
These policies are not meant to penalize the customers of Byrdland, but only to ensure that they make the correct choices before purchasing an item.